[XeTeX] XeTeX (/not/ XeLaTeX) : Marginal kerning, font protrusion, hyperlinks

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Apr 25 22:45:26 CEST 2014

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> XeTeX can do via xdvipdfmx specials almost everything explained in the
> PDF reference and pdfmark reference. Will you insist to include these
> 1000+ pages in the XeTeX manual?

No, Zdeněk; I am asking for /important/ facts to be documented,
not the entire known universe.

And how about the code below:

> \bf\special{pdf: code q 2 Tr 0.4 w 0 .5 .5 .05 k 1 1 0 .1 K}Hello
> world!\special{pdf:code}
> \bye

The number of such productions is infinite; no documentation system,
no no matter how complex and complete, can fully document an infinite
universe of discourse, and therefore unless you can show that whatever
your write-only code accomplishes is something that B L User is likely
to want to accomplish, then I can see little point in documenting it.

** Phil.
--
All duplicate recycled material deleted on principle.