[XeTeX] XeTeX (/not/ XeLaTeX) : Marginal kerning, font protrusion, hyperlinks

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:51:15 CEST 2014

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Philip Taylor wrote:
> > (X)DVIPDFM(X).  Since (X)DVIPDFM(X) is indeed an integral part of the
> XeTeX
> > tool chain, I think that documenting how to access its functionality
> (with
>
> XeLaTeX is the integrated toolchain.  If you're going to insist that XeTeX
> without LaTeX must be fully documented as a separate entity, then it only
> makes sense to do the same for XDVIPDFMX.

At least a few years ago there was another XDV->PDF driver for Mac, thus a
user could choose from two possibilities. What is the situation now? If it
is the same, it makes no sense to document xdvipdfmx features as features
of XeTeX because some users might use another driver with different
features.

> --
> Matthew Skala
> mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.