[XeTeX] XeTeX (/not/ XeLaTeX) : Marginal kerning, font protrusion, hyperlinks

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:48:34 CEST 2014

On 15 Apr 2014, at 9:49 am, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:58:23PM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Why are these key XeTeX primitives (\XeTeXprotrudechars, \rpcode, etc)
>> not documented in /The XƎTEX reference guide/ ?   Will, Khaled,
>> Jonathan :  can you comment on this, and will these (and any other
>> currently undocumented primitives) be documented in the version of
>> /The XƎTEX reference guide/ which accompanies TeX Live 2014 ?
>
> From me: simply because I know near nothing about them.

I’ve been away from LaTeX development work for a while; I’ve been known to let primitives slip through the cracks.
Thanks for letting us know — I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some more we overlooked.

These commands are all described in the pdfTeX manual, and I’ve now added some (fairly brief) details to xetexref (attached).

Khaled, would you be able update the copy in the xetex repo?

Thanks all,
Will