[XeTeX] urgent help needed

Mohammad Gharaibeh mgharaibeh at uni-bonn.de
Fri Apr 4 08:36:16 CEST 2014

Dear Ulrike,

thank you for your quick response.

You're right. I should have written a bit more.

I used MikTex and TexMaker (and still using them) on a Windows XP system.
Then I installed the new versions of MikTex ad TexMaker on a Windows 7
system and opened the old document.
Creating a PDF did not succeed properly and I got errors. The most
significant was that the entire footnote section in the PDF was missing. I
assume that some packages weren't supported any more.

Anyway, I am going to follow you suggestions and begin with a small document
and building it up more and more. Meanwhile I would really appreciate if you
could test the document that I sent to you and run the PDF creator. If
everything looks fine the problem lies in the settings of TexMaker.

With regard to the updated MikTex 2.7, I wanted to put a sentence in the
Text in red letters and tried to import a package for that (I think it was
Xecolor). After that the system was telling me I would use a source that is
more than five year old and that I should consider downloading the recent
version. I first ignored that, but had to recognize that TexMaker did not
create a PDF anymore. That is why I tried to install MikTex 2.9.

Sorry again for my stupid questions. But since I haven't worked with XeTeX
for five years, I simply don't know where to start.

Best,
Mohammad