[XeTeX] urgent help needed

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:02:33 CEST 2014

Dear Mohammad,

you should first explain what exactly is going on. The tex files for
ArabXeTeX are plain text files using english alphabet only. You should
be able to open them in any text editor including notepad. If the
files can be opened in notepad but not in TeXmaker, it is a problem of
TeX maker. Something may be wrong with registers etc. If your source
files are correct, you can try to run xetex from the "black window"
command prompt. If it works, you will know that TeXmaker menu is not
working. If it does not work, your MiKTeX is not installed properly.
Again, there may be some conflict between the old and new version.

I am not a Windows user and do not use MiKTeX, I cannot provide
further help but without detailed description of the problem nobody
will help. I can only try to process your files on the latest TeX Live
on Linux in order to see whether it still works. I have the full
installation including some arabic fonts.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz