[XeTeX] Large brace in multiline table cell

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 12 17:06:43 CEST 2013

Hello

I would just give a \noalign{} variant in between the 3rd and 4th (or 1st
and 2nd) cells, but if that's not how you set up your tables, you could
always go to the line above the midpoint (the third and the first
respectively) and repeat the same command, except that it would be lowered
by half the \baselineskip (say 6pts if you are working in something like
10/12pt):

\rlap{\kern 3pt
            $\smash{\lower 6pt \hbox{\left .\vbox to 30pt{}\right\}}}$}

John