[XeTeX] Large brace in multiline table cell

BPJ bpj at melroch.se
Sat Oct 12 14:39:48 CEST 2013

Can somebody help me on how to do the following with XeLaTeX,
or, if this is not the right place to ask this, where I should
ask this question?

I need to set a text (not math) table with two
columns where the left column contains linebreaks
and a 'stretchy' right brace along the right edge of the cell,
i.e. like so:

     line 1  \
     line 2  |   General description of what
     line 3  >   kind of things the lines
     line 4  |   in the left cell represent
     line 5  /

     More such rows with different numbers of lines
     in the left cell.

I use LaTeX and XeLaTeX regularly, but am not used to math stuff,
so I'm out of my depth here. It's important that the text of the
cells is set in the same fonts as the rest of the text. I doubt
that the braces are really needed for clarity, but it's in my
source so I have to reproduce it.