[XeTeX] Malayalam typesetting using XeLaTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 01:12:11 CET 2013

2013/11/14 NMPOST7 <nmpost7 at gmail.com>:
> On 14/11/2013 00:47, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>>>
>> I have already done
>
> Thank you very much.
> it but if you are curious:
>>
>> teckit_compile -u malayalamnumerals.map
>>
>> This command creates malayalamnumerals.tec which is needed by xetex
>
> Thank you. Do I need to save the *.map file to a particular path and then
> compile it there?
> (or in this case save the malayalam map to a particular path?) so that xetex can
> find the mapping while compiling?

The .tec file should be anywhere below $TEXMF/fonts/misc (it is better
to put it into your texmf-local tree and rebuild the file name
database) or keep it in the current directory. The .map file is not
needed by xetex but usually both are kept in the same directory.

> BR
> suren

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/