[XeTeX] XeTeX & Overprinting

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Sun Nov 10 15:27:05 CET 2013

On 11/10/2013 8:17 AM, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> I had a lecture about typesetting this book, the slides (in Czech) and
> the abstract is available here:
>
> http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/lectures/floatingtext-en.php

You probably had special requirements for your XML source, but just in case: We've used DocBook XML
for a number of grammars, augmenting the DocBook schema with a few special constructs needed for
grammatical description.  The DocBook XML is converted to XeLaTeX by an open source program called
dblatex (http://dblatex.sourceforge.net), with a few tweaks for our extra grammatical constructs.
Like your book, we have non-roman scripts (both left-to-right and right-to-left) interspersed into
the main (English) text.
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
	"My definition of an interesting universe is
	one that has the capacity to study itself."
         --Stephen Eastmond