[XeTeX] XeTeX & Overprinting

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 14:17:59 CET 2013

2013/11/10 Fahad Al-Saidi <fahad.alsaidi at gmail.com>:
> Dear Zdenek,
>
> Thank for your quick reply. Does zwpagelayout package support RTL language?
> could you please modifiy my example to work with zwpagelayout because last
> time I check it zwpagelayout does not support RTL AFAIK.

zwpagelayout does nothing to the scripts and languages, you have to
combine it with bidi (or with polyglossia which loads bidi
automatically). You can look at this sample:

http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/bharat-en.php

It shows part of a book written in Czech but with parts in Hindi and
Urdu, packages used are zwpagelayout + fontspec + polyglossia

I had a lecture about typesetting this book, the slides (in Czech) and
the abstract is available here:

http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/lectures/floatingtext-en.php

Page 10 of the slides shows that the line break in the middle of the
Urdu text present in the middle of an LTR paragraph is correct. An
image attached shows that even \parshape can be used and LTR/RTL still
works properly.

I can modify your sample but I need the background image.