[XeTeX] fontspec bug

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 22 16:19:55 CET 2013

Am 21.03.2013 um 22:29 schrieb Tim Homan:

> I've reported about this possible bug already in 2010, and I believe it has
> not been fixed since, can someone please confirm this and reproduce the
> error?

On Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) when Path=… is present fontspec fails. If Path=… is commented *and* the directory with the fonts is either in the TeX variable OSFONTDIR or inside the TeX installation, then fontspec succeeds.

Actually, recent fontspec documentation does not describe the Path= syntax… – maybe a work-around.

So my recommendation for next time is to add C:/fonts/SabonNext and other directories to texmf.cnf. On my system I have:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 root  wheel   1029  9 Mär 17:21 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf.cnf
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  31299 13 Mai  2012 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

The latter file is the distribution's default file – don't touch it! It can be overwritten. The first and smaller file, /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf.cnf, is the local specification. Its settings override the defaults. Here I have:

	OSFONTDIR = /Library/Fonts//;/System/Library/Fonts;$HOME/Library/Fonts:/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts

--
Greetings

  Pete

"What do you think of Western Civilisation?"
"I think it would be a good idea!"
				– Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi