[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9999.0 released

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:08:27 CET 2013

In case anyone else is using Fedora 18, which provides a TeX
Live 2013/dev "preview":

$ xetex --version
XeTeX 3.1415926-2.5-0.9999 (TeX Live 2013/dev)
kpathsea version 6.1.1dev
Copyright 2012 SIL International and Jonathan Kew.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the XeTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the XeTeX source.
Primary author of XeTeX: Jonathan Kew.
Compiled with ICU version 49.1.1; using 49.1.1
Compiled with zlib version 1.2.7; using 1.2.7
Compiled with FreeType2 version 2.4.10; using 2.4.10
Compiled with Graphite2 version 1.1.1; using 1.1.1
Compiled with HarfBuzz version 0.9.12; using 0.9.12
Compiled with fontconfig version 2.10.2; using 2.10.2
Compiled with libpng version 1.5.13; using 1.5.13
Compiled with poppler version 0.20.2

Following the instructions for using the git repository:

 git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/xetex/code xetex-code

gives a source tree with a build.sh script.

On Fedora 18, this build script needs to edited to use Fedora's
kpathsea library by adding the following to the list of configure

 -prefix=/usr -with-system-kpathsea

This gives a working xetex:

XeTeX 3.1415926-2.5-0.9999.0-2013031420 (TeX Live 2013/dev)
kpathsea version 6.1.1dev
Copyright 2012 SIL International and Jonathan Kew.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the XeTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the XeTeX source.
Primary author of XeTeX: Jonathan Kew.
Compiled with ICU version 51.1; using 51.1
Compiled with zlib version 1.2.7; using 1.2.7
Compiled with FreeType2 version 2.4.11; using 2.4.11
Compiled with Graphite2 version 1.2.1; using 1.2.1
Compiled with HarfBuzz version 0.9.13; using 0.9.13
Compiled with fontconfig version 2.10.2; using 2.10.2
Compiled with libpng version 1.6.0; using 1.6.0
Compiled with poppler version 0.22.0

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia