[XeTeX] Broken XeTeX

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 12 10:45:48 CEST 2013

Hello Ulrike

'Not normal behaviour' is exactly right - yet as far as I could tell
(without testing every single application on my system) only XeTeX was
affected.  I did click directly on xetex.exe from within the command prompt
box and got the same result.

Anyway, it seems clearly to have been a Windows issue rather than a XeTeX
issue, and as I said in a previous email the main suspect would be the
Registry.  Everything is working OK now after I restored to the previous
day's settings, and during that process the evidence for what had happened
will have disappeared (or at least, I'm not going to try and re-create the
situation!).

Best wishes

John