[XeTeX] Broken XeTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:56:06 CEST 2013

I just add an explanation. XeTeX builds a xdv file in memory and sends
it via a pipe to xdvipdfmx. If xdvipdfmx disappears from your
computer, you get this error message It is sufficient to get just
xdvipdfmx.exe unless other files disappeared too.

As a side note, I successfully use epubreader plugin for firefox,
there is nothing to install in a special way and it is platform
independent and free.

2013/6/11 Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org>:
>   File associations is unlikely to be your problem here: as the message
> says, xdvipdfmx can't be found.  It may be a path problem, or worse; is
> the xdvipdfmx program at least still present on your system?  It should
> be in the same directory as XeTeX.
>
>         Arthur

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/