[XeTeX] bidi & eso-pic are broken

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jun 6 19:04:51 CEST 2013

Am Wed, 5 Jun 2013 19:14:06 +0400 schrieb Fahad Al-Saidi:

> I am now using pretest texLive 2013 to test and use the new features in
> xetex. However, when I use bidi & eso-pic together the page layout is
> broken. There is a big white space in the right side of the page.  Since
> wallpaper package uses eso-pic & polyglossia uses bidi package, the problem
> occurs whenever they are used together.
>
> I used ubuntu 12.04 packages  before I use texlive 2013 and the problem
> didn't exit. So I decided to delete texlive 2013's bidi folder and replace
> it with bidi folder that comes with ubuntu packages but this did not help.
>
> I am thinking that this problem may not related to bidi package and it may
> be a bug in xetex. I am not tex expert and I am looking forward to your
> help.

You could try this here in your document (after loading eso-pic):

\makeatletter
\def\AtBeginShipoutUpperLeft#1{%
  \AtBeginShipoutAddToBox{%
    \ifcsname LTR\endcsname \LTR \fi
    \kern-\AtBegShi at horigin\relax
    \vbox to 0pt{%
      \kern-\AtBegShi at vorigin\relax
      \AtBegShi at BeginPicture
      #1%
      \AtBegShi at EndPicture
      \vss
    }%
  }%
}
\makeatother

But bidi is complicated and it could have unwanted side effect.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/