[XeTeX] bidi & eso-pic are broken

Fahad Al-Saidi fahad.alsaidi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 17:14:06 CEST 2013

I am now using pretest texLive 2013 to test and use the new features in
xetex. However, when I use bidi & eso-pic together the page layout is
broken. There is a big white space in the right side of the page.  Since
wallpaper package uses eso-pic & polyglossia uses bidi package, the problem
occurs whenever they are used together.

I used ubuntu 12.04 packages  before I use texlive 2013 and the problem
didn't exit. So I decided to delete texlive 2013's bidi folder and replace
it with bidi folder that comes with ubuntu packages but this did not help.

I am thinking that this problem may not related to bidi package and it may
be a bug in xetex. I am not tex expert and I am looking forward to your
help.

Please have a look to the attached example file.