[XeTeX] XeLaTeX, xeCJK, Japanese: some general questions

Atsuhito Kohda kohda at pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 5 07:20:09 CEST 2013

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 21:28:27 -0700, Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:

> In japanese.ldf there is an option "西暦" to switch the year counting to western or Japanese style. How do I turn this on?

As I wrote already I'm not a Polyglossia user so the
followins are only my guess ;-)

If you set \西暦 in preamble, you will get western style
and if you set \和暦 in preamble, you will get Japanese style.

Please try
{\西暦 \today}

{\和暦 \today}
then you will get outputs like
2013年6月5日
平成25年6月5日

I hope this helps you but I might be wrong.

Best regards,	      	    	  2013-6-5(Wed)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>