[XeTeX] bold small caps, but no regular small caps

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 31 17:33:44 CEST 2013

On 31/7/13 16:01, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is two issues; an oversight in XeTeX 0.9999 caused it to prefer
> Graphite over OpenType tables for fonts containing both, which breaks
> fontspec’s activation of optional OpenType features. This affects all
> font styles of course, and can be simply fixed by explicitly selecting
> the OpenType renderer.
>
> Mike has an issue with smallcaps, that affecting the regular style only
> and is not fixed by using the OpenType renderer, whether both are the
> same issue is not clear to me since I can not reproduce Mike’s.

My guess is that Mike has an older version (where the smallcaps feature
was broken) somewhere on his system, and xetex is finding and using that.

Mike, especially if you're on Windows (I can't rememember), you may need
to search for obsolete font files using the command line, as the Windows
Explorer view of the Fonts folder can "hide" things that Windows
believes to be deactivated, but which are in fact still present.