[XeTeX] Local changes to mathmode digits

Nathan Camillo Sidoli sidoli at waseda.jp
Sat Jan 12 16:58:34 CET 2013

Is there anyway to change the math mode digits for only certain parts of
a text?

I have some math in Arabic text in a largely English document. I would
like to change the math mode digits in this parts to use Eastern Arabic
digits, whereas the rest of the text will use standard Hindu-Arabic digits.

For an entire document, I can use

\usepackage{xepersian-mathsdigitspecarab}
\setdigitfont[Mapping=arabicdigits]{Arabic Font}

to change the digits, but is there anyway I can just make this active
for certain parts of the overall document?

Thanks,

Nathan