[XeTeX] xelatex and tikzpicture

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue Jan 1 17:34:31 CET 2013

On 12/31/2012 3:02 PM, mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012, Mike Maxwell wrote:
>> Dia will also output a .tex file, which uses the tikz package.  I tried this,
>> using \input{<filename>.tex} in my xelatex file (along with the
>> \usepackage{tikz} and \usepackage{morewrites}).  I get approximately half a
>> bazillion warnings from xelatex, and while it outputs a PDF, the diagram does
>> not appear (there's a mostly blank page).
>
> I use TikZ with XeLaTeX all the time and I've never had problems such as
> you describe.  It would be interesting to see one of the .tex files that
> doesn't work.

Turned out that the problem was that I needed the ff. commands before the \usepackage{tikz} command:
    \def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-xetex.def}
    \usepackage{pgf}
This was not very obvious to me...

I still need to do some scaling, but I think that will be straightforward.
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
	"My definition of an interesting universe is
	one that has the capacity to study itself."
         --Stephen Eastmond