[XeTeX] Ubuntu and XeLaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 08:50:33 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Daniel Greenhoe wrote:
> I would like to try using Ubuntu on a laptop PC. Is there a stable
> version of XeLaTeX available that can run on Ubuntu and that includes
> Khaled's recent fix of the unicode-math underbrace problem?

The terms "stable" and "includes the recent/latest fix" contradict
with each other a bit. You probably won't be able to find an Ubuntu
package, but you could compile the binary yourself (or ask someone you
trust to compile it for you) and just replace the old binary with the
new one. If you have all the prerequisites installed (compiler,
automake/autoconf, pkg-config, fontconfig etc.), it's just a matter of
running
    git clone git://github.com/khaledhosny/xetex.git
    cd xetex
    ./autogen.sh
    ./build.sh

The only thing that needs to be done is to replace
    /usr/local/texlive/2012/bin/<platform>/xetex
(and possibly xdvipdfmx) with the new version and remake the formats.
Path might vary depending on your installation.

There is some chance that a beta will be released and published on
TLContrib, but there are still bug reports flowing in.

Mojca

PS: ~/.texlive2012 won't help in any way.