[XeTeX] morewrites and bibtex

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Feb 8 18:03:01 CET 2013

Has anyone noticed a conflict between the 'morewrites' package and
bibtex?

It appears that there is some sort of problem whereby the <fname>1.aux
file that bibtex creates gets overwritten (as a zero-length file) when I
load the morewrites package and run xelatex after bibtex.  The result is
of course an empty bibliography.

I have a small file that shows this effect, but it would take quite a
bit more work to make it minimal.  I also don't know if this has
anything to do with xe(la)tex, or if it's just between morewrites and
bibtex; I tried running it with LaTeX, but ran into some obscure
problems.

So my question is whether this is a known problem, or if I should
pursue creating a minimal example so that someone can fix it (assuming
it's a bug).  (Googling didn't reveal anything obvious.)  I'm using
TeXLive 2012, so I don't think this thread:
    http://www.tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2011-December/022463.html
is relevant.

    Mike Maxwell