[XeTeX] xetex and the unicode bidirectional algorithm.

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Wed Dec 11 09:44:02 CET 2013

Hi All, Phillip.

Let recap the situation here:

The original post from Scott stated he had a problem going from his wiki
to PDF via Xe(La)TeX! His problem involved texts with mixed directionality.

I did not express myself very well and should have said that in unicode one
can identify characters with RTL directionality and language as such.
Sorry if this miss understanding caused to much noise and just last nicht I realized
the fact.

I was always under the impression that the main emphasis was on RTL-languages.
Phillip Vietnamese is LTR, to my knowledge and I did not state that unicode can identify all
languages.

The fact remains that one can identify the directionality of code points. How they have to be processed
is another matter.

The Bidi-Algorithm is in the standard. Which helps getting the directional display right.

 The fact remains that he can identify his problem cases and handle them appropriately.

regards
	Keith.