[XeTeX] generating a booklet pdf a4 to a5 in XeLaTeX

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 21:22:10 CET 2013

On 02/12/2013 09:22, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
> It seems you have defined a malayalam font.
> But you are using a roman font which does not include the malayalam script.
> Why?

Where could I be using a roman front? Shall appreciate where exactly it occurs

> Well, KOMA Script uses an sf font for sections.
>
> You can redefine the font KOMA uses for sections etc. with:
>
> \setkomafont{disposition}{\malayalamfont}
> in the preamble.

Thank you, I shall try this out

> If you want to see the chaptername, you have to specify
>
> chapterprefix=on
>
> in the documentclass command.

Thank you. I shall add that

> BTW, I don't think it is a good idea to convert non-latin pdf to PS and back.
> If you want n-up formatting have a look at pdfpages.

I shall try this. Shall have a look at the documentation

> I use a small LaTeX file to assemble A5 pages onto A4.
> This will give you a booklet with 32 A5 pages that you just have to print on a duplex printer and fold in the center.
> If you comment signature and uncomment nup and openright you get normal n-up printing.
> Uncomment frame for debugging if things don't look right.

Thank you. However, I do not have a duplex printer. Need to manually print the
odd and then the even pages

> %!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
> \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
> \usepackage{geometry}
> \geometry{verbose,a4paper,top=0mm,bottom=0mm,inner=0mm,twoside,nofoot,pdftex}
> \usepackage{pdfpages}
> \begin{document}
> \includepdf[pages={-},
> landscape,
> %nup=1x2,
> %openright,
> signature=32,
> noautoscale,
> scale=1,
> %frame
> ]{A5.pdf}
> \end{document}

Thank you for the code, but, I do not understand how to use this.

Br
suren