[XeTeX] generating a booklet pdf a4 to a5 in XeLaTeX

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 08:22:54 CET 2013

On 01/12/2013 21:45, NMPOST7 wrote:
> On 01/12/2013 21:33, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>> Then you just need to read the documentation! It has hundreds of options you can tweak.
> They are sorted in paragraphs in the documentation. And KOMASCRIPT has an eye on
> book binding
> (could be even two). (I don't remember all the details, I am more interested in
> writing letters. This takes much less time.)
>>
> The problem seems to lie in Polyglossia or in relation to Polyglossia.
>

> I just uncommented the line \def\chaptername{അദ്ധ്യായം}
>
> Here is the error
>
> ! Package polyglossia Error: The current roman font does not contain the Malaya
> lam script!
> (polyglossia)                Please define \malayalamfont with \newfontfamily.
>

> I just uncommented the line \def\chaptername{അദ്ധ്യായം}
>
> The definition for Malayalam font has already been done
>
> \newfontfamily\malayalamfont[Script=Malayalam,Mapping=malayalamnumerals]{Rachana}

Well, I emended the definition to the correct one (Polyglossia's requirement)

\gappto\captionsmalayalam{\renewcommand{\chaptername}{}}

For a change, I tried the following, too:

\gappto\captionsmalayalam{\renewcommand{\chaptername}{അദ്ധ്യായം}}

The error still remains.

Apparently, the same problem might arise for other sectioning commands

BR
suren