[XeTeX] Problem with XeTeX 0.9999.2 and includegraphics

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Apr 17 20:11:20 CEST 2013

Am Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:26:33 -0400 schrieb Jeremy Van Cleve:

> Hello,
>
> I've having problems including some PDF graphics using the 0.9999.2
> version of XeTeX in the MacTeX 2013 pretest.  It appears to related to
> having a period "." in the file name in addition to the ".pdf"

> \includegraphics[scale=0.25]{figure.1.pdf}

Avoid file names with an unusual number of dots (unusual is
everything not equal to 0).

There are lots of solutions to make them work, but these solutions
are neither really portable nor can you be sure that they will work
in future systems or in all cases or with other engines or formats.
E.g. if you have an image figure.pdf and another figure.pdf.jpg it
is quite unclear which one will be used. You can waste a lot of time
to fiddle with such problems.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/