[XeTeX] [Fwd: Re: FreeSerif not working for me in Devanagari]

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 19:51:29 CEST 2012

2012/9/9 Steve White <stevan.white at googlemail.com>:
> François,
>
> On my standard-distribution Ubuntu system, it's 'FakeSlant' rather
> than 'AutoFakeSlant'.

Maybe Ubuntu contains an older version of the fontspec package. Now
FakeSlant makes the geometrically slanted version only if it does not
exist, AutoFakeSlant makes it always. Since FreeSerif italic exists,
FakeSlant will be ignored and italic Devanagari will be missing.

> With that change to your file, I get the attached.  Is this what you intended?
>
> I don't know what the warning messages mean.

I have the same warning messages but they seem to be (almost)
harmless. The only problem is that I cannot copy&paste the text from
PDF to a text editor. Search will probably not work either.

> Cheers!
>
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM, François Patte
> <francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz