[XeTeX] FreeSerif not working for me in Devanagari

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:58:57 CEST 2012

2012/9/7  <mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca>:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> page breaks but will compile. If the font is loaded from a specific
>> path and another user does not have the font in the very same path,
>> the document will not compile. Of course, the best way would be if the
>
> If I need a document to be portable, I'll include the font file with it,
> and use a relative path such as "./".

No, it won't work. Some time ago I received a document with Deja Vu
fonts and XeLaTeX crashed. Jonathan Kew was able to understand the
error message and explained me that the new version of Deja Vu fonts
requires newer version of fontspec. I am not able to compile the
latest fontspec and replace it in my Linux version. Thus the only
solution was to use the system Deja Vu fonts that produce different
line breaks and different page breaks. Of course, for some fonts it
would work.

> --
> Matthew Skala
> mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.