[XeTeX] babel

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 13:27:15 CEST 2012

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> If the system offered inserting features dynamically without requiring
> users to understand font internals, it would be even better.

Hear hear.  As one who sits only on the edge of typography and
?fontography?, I find the present XeTeX interface almost unusable,
requiring (as it currently does) a detailed knowledge of font
internals if one is to derive maximum benefit from the
available font features.  If the interface were more abstract,
and accessible to those who understand what they want to achieve
but not how any extant font might help them in achieving that
goal, I believe that that would be an enormous step forwards.

** Phil.