[XeTeX] Mixing two math fonts

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:04:21 CET 2012

Hi,

is there a "nice and easy" way to mix two math fonts with unicode-math?

Let's take the following comparison with brand new TG Pagella Math and
Asana Math:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\setmainfont{TeX Gyre Pagella}
\setmathfont{TG Pagella Math}
\begin{document}
\[\int_a^B\left(\sum_0^1\sin(\pi\cdot
x)-\frac{6^{7^8}}{\lim\limits_{\emptyset\to\infty}\langle\emptyset\rangle}\,\mathup{d}x\right)\in\BbbR\]
\setmathfont{Asana Math}
\[\int_a^B\left(\sum_0^1\sin(\pi\cdot
x)-\frac{6^{7^8}}{\lim\limits_{\emptyset\to\infty}\langle\emptyset\rangle}\,\mathup{d}x\right)\in\BbbR\]
\end{document}

I'd like to take the big operators and delimiters from TG Pagella Math,
but the letters, numbers, symbols (empty set, real numbers, infinity,
element of) and probably most else from Asana Math.

@ tex-gyre-team, Apostolos: Could you maybe take each other's font as an
"inspiration" for your own? ;-) For example the delimiters: The stroke
width of TG seems more graybalanced, but Asanas delimiters are smoother
at the junction of hook and extender.

Thank you very much. I know, that these are details of beauty, I'm
asking for, and not necessities.

Toscho