[XeTeX] Linux Libertine

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at web.de
Tue Nov 27 15:22:25 CET 2012

Am 27.11.2012 um 13:42 schrieb Arash Zeini:

> I have done this, but the problem persists. Were you suggesting that
> taking the above steps could possibly solve the bold italics problem?

Yes. XeTeX has problems when the same font name exists more then once.

> I sort of understand this! The point I was trying to make, is that (1)
> the problem started with the installation of libertine-type1, (2)
> Khaled suggested in his post that "(Type1 fonts [are] being picked
> instead of OpenType ones)".

If this is the cause, then modify fonts.conf in a way that the PS fonts are not picked up by your fonts service!

Have you tried to use fc-list or fc-match to check which Linux Libertine fonts are provided by your fonts service?

Have you tried to setup your test file in a way that you supply fontspec with the font name for each font variant?

(Otherwise I'd suggest to use Mac OS X. It has a quite useful programme to manage its proprietary fonts service.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.