[XeTeX] Linux Libertine

Arash Zeini arash.zeini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:57:28 CET 2012

Hello,

For the past few weeks "Linux Libertine O" has not been working
properly with XeLaTeX (included as part of my Vanilla TeXLive 2012
installation on Debian). Some combining diacritics and few other
characters which were fine before have stopped working and show up as
empty boxes. If I invoke the font with "Linux Libertine O", italics
show up as bold italic. Invoking the font with "Linux Libertine"
solves that problem but then a number of other characters show up as
empty boxes. If I remember correctly, the issues started right after
the inclusion of the libertine-type1 package in CTAN and persist even
after the *-type1 packages have been removed from CTAN. I have tried
to get in touch with the developer of the OT family to no avail and
have searched the web and relevant forums without finding any
information. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Best wishes,
Arash