[XeTeX] arabxetex and transliteration

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Sun Nov 11 22:22:51 CET 2012

Dear Robert Alessi,

I suppose you would like to write "the second discussion" which has to be translitterated al-ḥiwāru ṯ-ṯānī – with a macron on the last i only, because "second" in Arabic is ending in a long i only (corresponding to a assumed iyu for the nominative or iyi for the genitive). So may be you try something like _t_tAnI (with capital i in the end) or _t_tAniy in your ArabXeteX input.
It seems to me that sometimes one has to try some different possibilities until getting the expected output in ArabXeteX.

With best wishes and best regards,
Jens Bakker