[XeTeX] Two issues with bibliography

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Thu May 31 18:40:48 CEST 2012

* Skriv a reas anakreon at csd.auth.gr (anakreon at csd.auth.gr):
  |>  Hello.
  |>
  |>  I have two  issues with bibliography references  that are demonstrated
  |>  in the  attached document. Please find  attached the tex and  bib file
  |>  used for compiling the document.
  |>
  |>  I use polyglossia  with Greek as the main language  and English as the
  |>  second one.   Hyphenation works  fine for Greek  and for  English too,
  |>  except for bibliography references. Ion the third line of the attached
  |>  document, the reference exceeds the document margin.
  |>
  |>  The  second problem  is shown  on  page two  of the  document. I  have
  |>  enclosed  the bibliography  references in  the english  environment to
  |>  enable hyphenation. As a side effect,  instead of using the greek term
  |>  for  "Bibliography",  I  get  the  english  one.   How  can  I  enable
  |>  hyphenation and have the greek term?
  |>
  |>  Thanks in advance for your reply.

I think the following will work if you use biblatex with biber backend, but I only tested it by adding the hyphenation field to your bib file. That is, I entered english in the hyphenation field of your reference.bib for Bengtsson citation:

\documentclass[twoside,a4paper,12pt]{report}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX]{Arial}
\newfontfamily\greekfont[Script=Greek, Ligatures=TeX]{Arial}
\defaultfontfeatures{Ligatures=TeX}
\setmonofont[Script=Greek]{DejaVu Sans}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage{greek}
\setotherlanguage{english}
\usepackage{csquotes}
\usepackage[backend=biber,babel=other,style=apa]{biblatex}
\addbibresource{reference.bib}

\begin{document}
text in Greek.

\printbibliography