[XeTeX] Help

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri May 25 10:59:17 CEST 2012

2012/5/25 Yves Codet <yves.codet at sfr.fr>:
> Hello.
>
> I'm not sure you can type Vedic accents with the Velthuis encoding, or maybe
> they don't exist in Nakula. Personally I stopped using romanised inputs
> since it became as easy to विश्व॒दानी॑म् type in Devanagari as in Latin
> script on my system (Mac OS X), that is to say many years ago, I don't
> remember exactly :) You might want to try on yours.
>
> Best wishes,

Vedic accents have never been standardised in the Velthuis encoding. A
few macros were designed, the usage is shown in vedasample.dn in the
very same directory. However, Vedic accents are available in unicode,
you can type them directly. I am not sure whether all accents are
available, the Unicode standard says that only some of them are
available.

> Yves
>
> Le 25 mai 2012 à 09:43, chandrasekhar s a écrit :
>
> Respected Sir,
>
>  Could you help me with the following question.
>
> How do I produce the vedic, anudatta and udatta via XeTeX. The one in this
> links gives
>
>>http://mirrors.ctan.org/language/devanagari/velthuis/doc/generic/velthuis/xetex-examples.tex
>
> The normal Sanskrit compilation works but the vedic accents if compiled with
> similar commands doesn't work.
>

>> - Does anyone how we can work with XeTeX for typesetting Vedic Mantras or
>> Texts.
>

>     \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>     \usepackage{ifxetex}
>     \RequireXeTeX
>     \usepackage{fontspec}
>     \newcommand\dn{\catcode`\~=12
>
>  \fontspec[Script=Devanagari,Mapping=velthuis-sanskrit]{Nakula}}
>
>     \let\origlabelitemi\labelitemi
>     \renewcommand\labelitemi{{\normalfont\origlabelitemi}}
>
>     \parindent=0pt
>
>     \begin{document}
>
>     \section{Examples}
>
>     {\dn
>     \begin{center}
>     \setlength{\fboxrule}{2pt}
>     \framebox[3.2cm][s]{.o ga.ne"saaya nama.h}
>     \end{center}
>     }
>     \end{document}
>
>> The above command works perfectly for non-vedic sanskrit, but once I start
>> using udatta and anudatta it doesn't work at all. Any help
>
> Thanks,
> Chandrasekhar
>
> --
> समृद्धकामो हिनो वा नारायणपरो मुनि:।