[XeTeX] Help

chandrasekhar s chandru.mcc at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:43:47 CEST 2012

Respected Sir,

 Could you help me with the following question.

How do I produce the vedic, anudatta and udatta via XeTeX. The one in this
links gives

http://mirrors.ctan.org/language/devanagari/velthuis/doc/generic/velthuis/xetex-examples.tex

The normal Sanskrit compilation works but the vedic accents if compiled
with similar commands doesn't work.

> - Does anyone how we can work with XeTeX for typesetting Vedic Mantras or
Texts.

    \documentclass[12pt]{article}
    \usepackage{ifxetex}
    \RequireXeTeX
    \usepackage{fontspec}
    \newcommand\dn{\catcode`\~=12

 \fontspec[Script=Devanagari,Mapping=velthuis-sanskrit]{Nakula}}

    \let\origlabelitemi\labelitemi
    \renewcommand\labelitemi{{\normalfont\origlabelitemi}}

    \parindent=0pt

    \begin{document}

    \section{Examples}

    {\dn
    \begin{center}
    \setlength{\fboxrule}{2pt}
    \framebox[3.2cm][s]{.o ga.ne"saaya nama.h}
    \end{center}
    }
    \end{document}

> The above command works perfectly for non-vedic sanskrit, but once I
start using udatta and anudatta it doesn't work at all. Any help

Thanks,
Chandrasekhar

--
समृद्धकामो हिनो वा नारायणपरो मुनि:।
नोत्सर्पेत न शुष्येत सरिद्भिरिव सागर​: ॥