[XeTeX] Problems with lmroman10 fonts after Life TeX Update

Elim Qiu elim.qiu at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:15:37 CEST 2012

>>* (/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/euenc/eu1lmr.fd)kpathsea: Invalid fontname `[lmroman10-regular]', contains '['*

This message tells you that fontspec does not receive the requested
font from the Mac OS X font service.

Check with Font Book („Schriftsammlung“) whether the Latin Modern
fonts are known to the system. If not, then create a new library in
Font Book and then add the fonts! Add don't add the PostScript Type 1
fonts when XeTeX deals with OpenType features! Finally make the
library and its fonts active.

Apple once provided its Font Tools suite. It can still be downloaded
and used – you just need PowerPC hardware or a Mac OS X in which
Rosetta works. No Lion...

--

Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Vielfalt im Regal statt Einfalt im Hirn!

I just installed BaseTeX + TeXShop today. By trying out the example at the
end of the document BaseTeX.pdf, I got the same error. Then I got this
thread, downloaded the Latin Modern Roman fonts, Using Font Book to install
the fonts to collection [Modern] where Optima, Helvetica Neue,... are there.

I re-complied the sample code in TeXShop and got the same errors (I even
quit and restart TeXShop, verified the fonts, but no use at all). Finally I
typed s and hit return in TeXShop's command field, it went through the
compilation and generated the pdf!

What should I do in order the let the system know the fonts are there? What
I need to have if I like to enter some Chinese text in TeXShop? Thanks for
your help.

--------------- Here is the compiling output -----
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/euenc/eu1lmr.fd)kpathsea:
Invalid fontname `[lmroman10-regular]', contains '['

/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty:100:
Font EU
1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular]:mapping=tex-text at 10.0pt not loadable:
Metri
c (TFM) file or installed font not found.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

? s
OK, entering scrollmode...
)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xunicode/xunicode.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.cfg))
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/xltxtra/xltxtra.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ifluatex.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/realscripts/realscripts.sty)
 (/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/metalogo/metalogo.sty))
No file BaseTex1.aux.
*geometry* driver: auto-detecting
*geometry* detected driver: xetex
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/umsa.fd)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/umsb.fd) [1]
(./BaseTex1.aux) )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on BaseTex1.pdf (1 page).
SyncTeX written on BaseTex1.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on BaseTex1.log.