[XeTeX] XeLaTeX and SIunitx

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue May 15 22:08:42 CEST 2012

On 15/05/2012 17:21, Tobias Schoel wrote:
> But what you said seems to indicate to me, that it would be more
> sensible to create my own package "xesiunitx", which solves the problem
> for my situation. As I only use open fonts, there aren't so many
> possibilities, and even for arbitrary fonts, one might only check for
> the "best" solutions and else uses siunitx' fallbacks.

I'm keen to avoid package proliferation where possible, escpecially
where we are looking at essentially at  settings for another package.

I've created a new issue for siunitx:
https://bitbucket.org/josephwright/siunitx/issue/199/improve-default-symbols-when-using-utf-8#comment-1423028.
I will take a look at this over the next few days: there will need to be
some non-trivial testing. As it's not tied to XeTeX (the same applies to
LuaTeX) I'd suggest anyone wanting to discuss this particular case does
so via the comments on the BitBucket site :-)
--
Joseph Wright