[XeTeX] Babel

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri May 4 18:03:52 CEST 2012

2012/5/4 Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at yahoo.com>:

>> Telling other people what they should maintain and what they *must* abandon
>> feels very arrogant. Why should a certain A.S. decide what is worth the effort
>> and what is not?
>>

> Arrogant in what way? Have you ever tried to compile the TeX tree? In many
> cases people have to invent stupid patches just to support an almost

Don't you feel yourself in a loop? If they patch it, they apparently
want to use it and if they want to use it, it is not useless for them
because if it were useless, they would not use it and thus they would
have no reason to patch it.

> useless program in a modern computing environment. As about the rest, I
> will not make any comment.

If the modern computer environment does not offer important features
that were implemented in the old environment decades and still work,
than (at least for me) it is natural to use the old environment.

> A.S.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz