[XeTeX] Testing custom hyphenation patterns

Aleksandr Andreev aleksandr.andreev at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:21:30 CEST 2012

Andrew Moschou <andmos at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Aleksandr,
>
> I'm wondering, how do you implement Church Slavonic with XeTeX? Which font
> do you use? Is it pure Unicode, or do you have active characters and
> definitions?

I'm using Hirmos Ponomar, which is a font we have designed for working
with modern Church Slavonic. It is entirely in Unicode.
See here: http://www.ponomar.net/cu_support.html for the font and the
documentation.

Feel free to contact me off list if you have questions.

> I'm asking because I'm trying to put something together based on Minion
> Pro. It worked successfully on my old TeX Live installation, but it fails
> with my new TeX Live installation.

Don't know anything about Minion. What kind of text are you trying to
typeset? There's also Old Standard by Alexey Kryukov which works well
in XeTeX, depending on your needs:
http://www.thessalonica.org.ru/en/oldstandard.html

Aleksandr