[XeTeX] Babel

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:17:40 CEST 2012

2012/5/2 Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at yahoo.com>:

>> Why shouldn't I consider using TeX? (I am Portuguese, by the way.)
>>

> Because XeTeX and luaTeX do a far better job! First you don't
> need tricks to use UTF-8 and you don't have to create zillions of
> files to make a TrueType partially usable. Do you need more reasons?

There are still good reasons why to use old TeX:

1. XeTeX does not support all microtypographical features.

2 LuaTeX does not support all scripts (Devanagari, Bengali, Gurmukhi,
Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Tamil, ...)

Polyglossia does not yet work in LuaTeX, thus Babel is important.

> A.S.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz