[XeTeX] input method under windows

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Fri Mar 23 02:35:59 CET 2012

Hi François,

Rather than looking for an editor, I would simply add Sanskrit as a language
in the Windows system and locate a good Unicode font that supports the
characters needed for Sanskrit.  That way your friend could use any
Unicode-aware text editor, of which there are many; if a TeX-oriented editor
is desired, TeXworks (now distributed with both TeXLive and MiKTeX) works
very well.  Some of the older TeX-centric editors have not yet been updated
to handle Unicode.  You can set up a hotkey in Windows to switch easily
between typing in different languages.

Caveat; I myself don't use Sanskrit, but this is how I handle ancient Greek.

Here's one link with more info about adding languages etc. in Windows:

http://sanskrit.asianfolklore.ca/keyboards.html

David