[XeTeX] Help with XeTeX/ConTeXT and CTL

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Jun 26 10:23:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:21:00AM +0530, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> Looks like the problem is not limited to ConTeXT (thank goodness, in a
> way!) and Graphite still doesn't work on XeLaTeX. The only difference
> is that XeLaTeX is able to handle OT without resorting to the XeTeX
> \font primitive.
>
> I still don't understand why /GR should cause a segmentation fault. I
> don't think my Graphite font has a problem because it works fine on
> LibreOffice 3.5.

XeTeX is still using the old (and more fragile) Graphite engine,
LibreOffice switched to the new (and more robust) one AKA graphite2. So
the segmentation fault is likely from the Graphite engine, so you may
try reporting it to SIL people (but sadly, that won't help you
immediately).

As a side note, if anyone more knowledgeable about Graphite wants to
work on switching XeTeX to the new engine, I'd be glade to help.

Regards,
 Khaled