[XeTeX] Clipping support for XeTeX

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jun 8 02:27:31 CEST 2012

    Martin Scharrer has added clipping to xetex.def.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.text.tex/pOR3Zv39TUA/02hiqt8TP94J

And Joseph, evidently.  That is great!  Longstanding issue with XeTeX.

As far as I know, xetex.def is maintained by Ross Moore, who is on this
(XeTeX) list.  So it would be best for Ross to look at it and decide
about integrating it and updating the xetex.def on CTAN.  I imagine
Heiko might also be interested.  I see he's on this list too.

In any case, I would not want to attempt the update for the TL'12 DVD.
xetex.def is nothing to mess with in the last days before the final
image is cut.

Thanks,
karl