[XeTeX] Headers in documents with ledpar

Aleksandr Andreev aleksandr.andreev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:55:07 CEST 2012

Hello folks,

I'm typesetting a book with Church Slavonic and English texts
side-by-side on facing pages. To do the job, I'm using the ledpar
package and the memoir class.

Now I have the following question.

The Church Slavonic text will be on the verso page and the English
text will be on the recto page. I would like the "chapter" title
(e.g., "Vespers") to appear in the header, but I would like the verso
pages to have this header in Slavonic and the recto pages -- in
English. Is this possible to do with memoir?

I see that using "\chapter" with ledpar does not work and so I have to
create the headings manually. But how do I manually control the
headers?

Any help much appreciated!

Aleksandr