[XeTeX] fontspec and pinyin.sty conflict

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:42:02 CEST 2012

I've never heard of pinyin.sty, but then again, I probably would have
made a teckit mapping without ever looking up the existence of such a
package.

There is, however, a package called xpinyin, which you might find
useful. It's not drop-in compatible with pinyin though. Are you just
starting to write a document using pinyin or are you migrating
documents over from a non-xetex setup?

If the former, you might want to consider just using the
unicode/extended latin characters for pinyin, use a package like
xpinyin, or see if someone's made a teckit map for pinyin. If the
latter, you could redefine the problematic commands locally and see
what breaks and work from there.

-Andy