[XeTeX] The future of XeTeX

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Tue Jul 31 21:47:57 CEST 2012

On 7/31/2012 11:59 AM, Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> No where is it stated in the manual that you do not need to set up the font families.

I'll grant that the Fontspec manual can be intimidating, especially for
newcomers to TeX (as I was when I encountered it).  However, it does say
in section 4.1 of the Fontspec manual:

<quote>
The simplest example might be something like
	\fontspec[ ... ]{Cambria}
in which the bold and italic fonts will be found automatically (if they
exist) and are immediately accessible with the usual \textit and \textbf
commands.
<\quote>

David