[XeTeX] xelatex.fmt doesn't match xetex.pool

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:23:33 CEST 2012

2012/7/9 Gareth Hughes <garzohugo at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 11:50 +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>> Am Mon, 9 Jul 2012 01:02:45 +0100 schrieb Gareth Hughes:
>>

>> > Checking the path with "which xelatex" gives
>> > "/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-linux/xelatex", which is correct.
>>
>> Didn't you wrote you updated to TeXLive 2012? Then why do you get a
>> 2011 path?
>>

> Ulrike, I think this is normal. The first install on this computer was
> 2011. When previously I've updated extant installations, I noted that
> the year number of the directory doesn't change. I suppose I could just
> rip the whole thing out and fresh install, but it's not always easy to
> know whether one has taken out the entire old installation.

This means that you have installed TL 2012 over TL 2011 and the
binaries and other files are pretty mixed. I do not know how to
recognize whether the pool files on your disk belong to TL 2011 or to
TL 2012. It is better to install TL 2012 again to
/usr/local/texlive/2012, otherwise you may have a lot of troubles that
will be difficult to fix. And be sure that you have the right
install-tl script.

> Gareth.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/