[XeTeX] fonts: where to find? how to activate bold face?

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 11:53:31 CET 2012

Hi folks,

Quoting Pander (pander at users.sourceforge.net):
> In TeX you will have to activate the fake behaviour explicitly no matter
> which operating system you are using. See fontspec manual for how to use
> fakebold and fakeslant.
>
> "David J. Perry" <hospes.primus at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Does Linux "fake" bold and italic characters, if a font does not come with
>> true bold and italic versions? Windows does this; if Linux does also, it's
>> possible that the font you are using comes only in roman, and the bold you
>> see in LibreOffice is not real. Just a possibility --

Right to the point here! With this list's help I found out that, at least
on my computer, there's no boldface of this font, and neither did I find
one in the 'net (did not search thoroughly, though). I tried activating the
fake bold, but somehow that does not seem to have any effect, at least when
viewing the result with acrobat reader.

Thanks all for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

	Susan