[XeTeX] Using different fonts for devanagari and latin characters

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:41:05 CET 2012

2012/2/12 Vikas Rawal <vikaslists at agrarianresearch.org>:

>> Sorry for this really elementary question. How do I install
>> ucharclasses? I am running debian with Texlive.
>>

> Figured it. I just needed to copy the files to the directory where my
> tex files were.

This will work with that single document only. It is better to put it
to a directory below texmf-local/tex/xelatex and then run mktexlsr. In
my computer I put it to this directory:

$ kpsewhich ucharclasses.sty
/usr/local/texlive/2011/../texmf-local/tex/xelatex/ucharclasses/ucharclasses.sty

Similarly, I put ucharclasses.pdf to
$ kpsewhich ucharclasses.sty
/usr/local/texlive/2011/../texmf-local/doc/xelatex/ucharclasses/ucharclasses.pdf

Thus "texdoc ucharclasses" shows the manual without need of doing anything else.

Simple rule for manual installation of packages: look how the files
are organized in texmf-dist and create an analogous directory
structure in texmf-local.

> Vikas

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/